History of Andrushky

The name of the village, according to tradition, comes from the surname of the centurion of the former Cossack regiment Andrushchuk. The regiment that stood out during the liberation war was stationed in Pavolocha, ten versts from Andrushok. There is other information about the origin of the name, but it is important that the popular imagination connects it with the struggle of ancestors for freedom.

The first documentary mention of the existence of the village dates back to 1683. At the end of the 18th century, Andrushki belonged to the landowner K. Velezhynskyi. In 1790, the nobleman Rzheshynskyi bought the village from him. At the beginning of the 1800s, two mills worked in Andrushki, a wooden church stood in the center of the village, and 441 inhabitants (241 men and 200 women) lived there.

Shortly after 1827, the village became the property of the landowner Dionysius Prushinskyi. The excessive greed of the new owner of Andrushok caused aggravation of relations between him and the local priest Ya. Pribytkevych. The landlord seized the church lands – this is known from the complaint of Ya. Pribytkevych. In response, D. Prushinsky filed a complaint against the priest, who allegedly illegally elected the church headman, although the parishioners did not agree with this nomination.

In 1829, by the decision of the Skvyr County Noble Guardianship, the estates of landowner Dionysius Prushinsky in Andrushki and Makarivka were taken under guardianship. A year later, D. Prushinsky died. And already at the beginning of the 1830s, Countess A. Pototska, daughter of the Prushinskys, became the new owner of Andrushok. In 1840, the provincial board imposed a ban on the estate of Countess A. Pototska in Andrushki for the landlady’s debts.

At the end of the 1890s, Andrushki became the property of Colonel V.I. Baskakov In 1906, the villagers of Andrushok were very dissatisfied with the laying of a telephone line through their land. The peasants began to dig up and knock down the poles of the telephone network. In response, V. Baskakov called the police, on November 30 the villagers resisted them, and several fierce clashes took place, but the police still managed to suppress the demonstration. But the following year, 1907, similar performances took place again.

The new Hetman government was inherently anti-peasant, and the anti-Hetman movement, in which the residents of Andrushok took part in August 1918, naturally gained strength. The Directory, too, unfortunately, could not establish a normal, stable life due to a number of known reasons and mistakes. The joint Ukrainian-Polish action against the Bolshevik troops in 1920 also ended in failure. Many residents of Andrushok, like other villages, helped the UNR troops with food and horses.

In 1930, the New Life collective farm was established in the village. New agricultural machinery, tractors, and other land cultivation equipment were imported. Grain and vegetable crops, sugar beet, and other crops were grown on the collective farm.

The village was not spared by the general tragedy of the Ukrainian people – the Holodomor of 1932-1933 and baseless repressions. But when trouble came – the attack of fascist Germany, everyone stood up to protect their native land. The natives of the village of Heroes of the Soviet Union M.F. Andrushka celebrated their selfless heroism. Zakutenko, Major General of Aviation A.N. Vitruk (also a National Hero of Yugoslavia), Yu.M. Lychko, lieutenant colonel, was awarded the Order of Alexander Nevsky.

Like the entire Ukrainian people, the residents of Andrushok had to put in a lot of effort to restore the economy destroyed during the war. The main enterprise remained the sugar factory. In 1944, it produced only 22,000 quintals of sugar, but the pre-war level of production was quickly reached.

Today, Andrushki is the center of the Andrushki territorial community.

other Establishments of this category “”

Digital passport